Donate to the Plant, Soil and Microbial Sciences general fund
Donating to the Department of Plant, Soil and Microbial Sciences (PSM) is easy! Visit MSU's donation website to contribute to PSM's operations and activities. Contributing to this general fund gives us flexibility to use funds as needed. You may also select a specific named fund if you wish.
Donate to the Joe Vargas Endowed Chair in Turfgrass Pathology
By helping to create the Joe Vargas Endowed Chair in Turfgrass Pathology at Michigan State University, you are investing in the industry, our students, faculty, and research. Funds from the Vargas Chair endowment will allow us to do research in the area of greatest promise rather than being constrained by a specific grant opportunity. At the same time, the research they conduct with resources from the endowment, along with the benefits of being a part of a large research institution, will provide the catalyst for additional grant and research support. The Vargas Chair will conduct innovative research that will forever link the MSU brand with a meaningful and positive impact on the industry.
Donate to a specific named fund
The Department of Plant, Soil and Microbial Sciences (PSM) has funds and endowments designed to provide greater graduate study and outreach opportunities for our students and community. To mail a donation, see the instructions at the bottom of this webpage.
- Francenia Fisher Scholarship Award in Plant Pathology
- Michael Zook Memorial Research Fellowship Fund in Plant Pathology
- Norman and Lillian Higgins Research Endowment in Plant Pathology
- Crop & Soil Sciences Scholarship Fund
- Lynn S. Robertson Soil and Water Conservation Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Department of Crop and Soil Science Staff Enhancement Endowment Fund
- Wilkie Crop and Soil Sciences Endowment Fund
- Charles E. and Frances M. Osterman Endowed Scholarship Fund in Crop and Soil Sciences
- Carter and Ruth Harrison Endowment in Crop and Soil Sciences
- Michigan Crop Improvement Association Scholarship Fund
- Chase 'Movin' On' Endowment in Crop and Soil Sciences
- Michigan Soybean Promotion Committee Scholarships in Crop and Soil Sciences
- Norman R. and Jessie A. Thompson Fellowship in Crop and Soil Sciences
- Terry N. and JoAnn L. Turk Endowed Fellowship in Crop and Soil Sciences
- Dale and Mary Harpstead Endowment for Graduate Support in Food Crop Production
- Terry N. and JoAnn L. Turk Endowed Fellowship Fund in Crop and Soil Sciences in Memory of Lloyd M. and Margaret A. Turk
- Carter Harrison Endowed Fund in the Department of Crop and Soil Sciences
- Kirk and Marjorie Lawton Graduate Student Support Award in Crop and Soil Sciences
*A new window will load with a gift cart. Please type the name of the fund in the search box to direct your gift to a fund listed above.
How to mail a donation
Gifts may also be mailed to:
Michigan State University
300 Spartan Way
East Lansing, MI 48824-1005
Please make your check payable to "Michigan State University" and be sure to include the name of the fund you wish to support on the memo line of your check. Thank you for helping us help others!